ZONE3 NEOPRENE BUOYANCY SHORTS 3/2MM
The Next Step Buoyancy Shorts are just that, the next step in your buoyancy journey. As your technique and form improve through the use of more buoyant shorts you will want to reduce the level of support, enabling your body to take a more active role in your body position.
Made from the same Yamamoto Smoothskin neoprene and triathlon wetsuit style stitched and bonded seams as our Original shorts, we have reduced the panel thickness to using 2mm neoprene down the centre and 3mm on the sides aid in your progression.
- Lower level of buoyancy compared to the Original buoyancy shorts.
- Concept has helped 1000’s of swimmers improve their swim technique and speed.
- New design and comfort focused waistband.
- Improves your body position and swim technique.
- Designed as a natural feeling alternative to a pull buoy.
- Enhanced core support to aid with technique development.
The Full Leg Buoyancy Shorts serve three main purposes:
- For novice or intermediate level swimmers the major factor that prevents them from swimming faster, is the lack of core stability and their leg kick. Their arm strength and technique is generally good but they have poor body positioning creating a lot of drag and ‘dead weight’, which makes it much harder to swim efficiently.
- Buoyancy shorts place the swimmer in the correct horizontal and streamlined position, helping to build a ‘neural pattern’ of how they should feel in the water. This also allows the swimmer to concentrate on a more effective leg kick and glide with each stroke, without that ‘sinking leg’ feeling.
- The extra support also allows the swimmer to focus more on their arm stroke technique.
- Results have shown that over time a swimmer’s body position, speed and endurance can be significantly increased by training with buoyancy shorts
- Suitable for any level of triathlete who wants to refine their open water swimming technique whilst in a pool. Swimming in a wetsuit during a triathlon is very different to swimming without a wetsuit during a swimming race. The majority of your power needs to derive from your upper body whereas your legs and core provide the essential control. These kickpants help develop your open water swimming technique whilst in the pool, where wearing a full wetsuit would either be too hot, or banned by the life-guards.
- For use in open-water training or races as an alternative to swimming in a full wetsuit (when the water is warm enough!).
Sizes available are XS, S, M, L and XL. Each set of shorts has a drawstring so they can be tightened to any waist size but we would recommend the size XS for waist sizes 26-28, S for 30-32, M for 32-34, L for 34 -36 and XL 36-38.